Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Sea Turtle Picture A Day # 215


Welcome back. As I am starting to pack for a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii I wanted to share this picture of a green sea turtle that I shot. This turtle was foraging in the shallow tide pool right along the shore.I figured that in no time this turtle would need to pop its head up for a breath. Well it did but it was always facing the wrong way. So there I am sitting right next to this tide pool with the camera viewfinder up too my eye and my finger on the shutter release waiting for the right moment,30 minutes later the turtle finally looks right at me and we get this shot. I tried to get more but the battery of the camera ran out of juice.Holding the shutter release and having the lens stay focused used up all of the battery.

This picture was taken with a Nikon D-100 camera with a 70-200 mm lens


Happy Turtle Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment