Friday, January 23, 2009

A Sea Turtle picture a day #31


Welcome back to a Sea Turtle Picture A Day. Tomorrow I am going to be go on a trip to San Diego to help with a research project that will have me making fiberglass molds of Sea Turtles that will eventually be used in a wind tunnel experiment. I will post pictures that show the work in progress. My photography of Sea Turtles over the years has been fun and I not only have pretty Sea Turtle pictures I also have been involved in some scientific projects and have some awesome photos of some of the work we have done.

I would like to know from you the readers if it is OK for me to post some of these pictures as well? I don't know about you guys but the thing that I love about taking pictures of Sea Turtles other than the flooded cameras and the sand that somehow gets into all the gear that I use.Is being able to see how they really live and how they interact with each other and their environment.I would love to share these pictures with you as well.

Please post your comments and let me know if it is OK.

Today's picture keeps us at the beach. Here a Green Sea Turtle(Chelonia mydas)is basking. What struck me about this scene is one Sea Turtle is using another as a pillow.I was fun to sit there and watch these two turtles sleep in the sun.

This picture was taken with a 70-200 mm lens
See you tomorrow from San Diego

4 comments:

  1. The photos and commentry are great. Anything extra would be fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice to see the pictures of your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure thing, it would be neat to see those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it warm down there Mike! Northeaster and 28 up here! Nice job amigo. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete