Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A turtle photo a day: Day #1


Merry Christmas to all. This is the first post of this my new blog.

I am calling this blog  a turtle a day.I have hundreds ok maybe thousands of sea turtle photos that are floating around in my external hard drives. No one has seen most of these.So this is my chance to share these photos with the world.
I will post a photo a day and give a little history about the location the turtle and anything else that you would like to know about the shot.

This photo is of a Green Sea turtle.(Chelonia mydas).This turtle is being cleaned by cleaner fish. This behavior is a symbiotic relationship . The fish get a meal and the turtle gets the algae cleaned off of its body.
Taken On the Big Island of Hawaii in 2006.
The camera used was an Olympus 5050.My very high dollar underwater camera was broken so I used a friends inexpensive point and shoot camera and ended up with some of my favorite photos.

Check back tomorrow to see what I have pulled out of the hard drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment